The Affiliate Program enables companies to enter into a formal
working relationship with the NYU CAT. This relationship offers
each company a single interface and road map to resources at
NYU. Affiliate companies receive:
- The CAT gives Corporate Affiliates advance notification
of new technologies developed under the CAT umbrella. This
notification takes place after NYU has asserted its intellectual
property rights, but prior to any notices to the public
as a whole.
- The CAT offers Corporate Affiliates a license to use selected
technologies, developed under the CAT umbrella, for internal
evaluation and for research carried out in collaboration
with NYU. This license is good for a period of six months
from the date of announcement. In the event that a Corporate
Affiliate company wants to use these technologies for commercial
purposes, the company must negotiate a separate commercial
license. This license would presumably reflect the fact
that there is an on-going relationship established in the
Corporate Affiliate program.
- The CAT gives Corporate Affiliates advance information
regarding research projects being organized through the
CAT. Where feasible, Corporate Affiliates are invited to
participate in these projects. Participation in individual
projects may require participants to jointly underwrite
their research costs.
- The CAT publishes a regular e-mail newsletter for members
of the Affiliates Program. This newsletter will provide
updates on CAT activities, announcements of new technologies
and seminars, and conferences to hosted by the CAT or attended
by CAT personnel.
- The CAT gives Corporate Affiliates advance copies of working
papers and articles produced by members of the CAT and related
research centers. These copies may be provided in hard copy
or by providing appropriate links on a Corporate Affiliate
- The CAT organizes short-term visits by our Corporate Affiliates
to the CAT and CAT people to the offices of Corporate Affiliates.
These visits are for both familiarization and the organization
of collaborative research programs.
- For Corporate Affiliates in remote locations from the
CAT facilities, the CAT will collaborate on tools that can
be used on a regular basis to keep Corporate Affiliates
involved in CAT activities. These tools will include email,
discussion lists, PC-based videoconferences and traditional
- The CAT offers its Corporate Affiliates custom presentations
to their employees regarding technology and related issues.
- At the request of Corporate Affiliates, the CAT will make
its staff available for discussions regarding technology
issues and their implications.
- The CAT is in continual contact with its Corporate Affiliates.
In quarterly consultations, the Corporate Affiliate is invited
to make comments and recommendations about the program and
how it can better serve their needs.
For additional information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org